Great Music from Ryan Mark.
I was browsing yesterday’s Barbados Advocate and I came across some very interesting articles; some of which caused me to marvel in the greatness of God, His blessings and His wonderful world creations, and others that just made me wonder…
I want to share the articles with you.
Your comments are welcome.
The following shows a welcome for Ryan Brathwaite, a Barbadian Athlete who won a gold medal at the 2009 World Championships.
Congratulations Ryan and we thank God for your talent.
Indeed, God gives us talent in so many areas but we must step out, believe and act and we will reap rewards.
Look at the beautiful creation of graffiti. God has really given us talents in various areas and He deserves all the glory and praise for blessing us.
This following was one that baffled me. Flogging or Jail for woman in pants…
The next article speaks about a specie of turtles which I have never heard about and seen. If only we could get a glimpse of the deep deep forest areas and see what other beautiful creations God has placed on this earth. Adam must have had a time naming these.
And this one…
Do have a wonderful Wednesday.
God Bless You!
Today’s Bible Food for Thought
14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Today’s sermon was indeed based on yet another interesting topic: Surviving Life’s Challenges
There are so many challenges which we experience on a daily basis; whether it be at work, at home or even at church. Life is just full of challenges.
God never told us it would be easy, but in His Word He gives us some instructions on how to deal with our challenges.
Today, Pastor Murrell (Pegwell Community Church) pointed out some of the verses in the Word and gave some very helpful tips to surviving life’s challenges and I find these to be excellent tips because I can identify with many of them and indeed they have been useful and continue to be useful to the challenges which I battle on a daily basis.
I do not know what challenges you have but here are some tips to overcoming them:
- Eliminate the word “PROBLEM” out of your vocabulary – See every “problem” as a challenge and not as a problem and never give up. Remember that with God all things are possible (Mark 9:23, Mark 10:27, Mark 14:36)
- Always put God first
- Don’t demand to understand what is going on in your life – Very often we ask: Why me? But only further down the road we see what God was protecting us for or preparing us for to even make us stronger. So it is important to trust in God for He knows what he has planned for you, He knows what type of character he wants to develop in you. (Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future“.
- Be faithful even in the unfair situation
- Trust God’s timing
- Don’t let people disillusion you
- Learn to accept the circumstances which you are dealing with – Don’t get negative as this will not change anything or make anything better.
- Reverse the negative thought pattern that you are stuck where you are – The Bible tells us that words carry life. Begin right away to speak life into your life, marriage, situation or even church to see change. (Proverbs 18:21 – “Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof”). Yours words are carriers, so let’s begin to not only think but say positive things into our lives and the lives of others
- Be careful who is close to you hen you are in trouble or in difficult situations – There are people who have nothing good to say at any time so we must ensure that we do not draw close to these sort of people when we are in any situation whether good or bad
- If you want to be it, you have to see it – See yourself in your dream and you will become what you desire
- Live in gratitude – Have the mindset of appreciation and practise the attitude of gratitude – The pastor made reference to the ‘Feed the Children’ programme – We have so much and we don’t show any gratitude, but now is the time to be thankful for what we have. Even at a time when we ‘ have much we should also be thankful because God tells us in everything gives thanks. (1 Thess 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you)
- Develop a personal safety net – This is a cadre of people that you can call upon in difficult or down times. These would be positive people who would be able to strengthen your life with the help of God. Following are some situations in which you would need a safety net:
- An unexpected accident
- A transfer or move form one particular locality or employment
- A crisis for your parents, children or other members of your family
- A major job change
- During the period of a divorce and the things which follow
- When a disaster in your community or country occurs
I hope that these points have been useful to you in better understanding how to deal with the challenges which you encounter.
I urge you to use some of these tips ; act on them and integrate them into your prayer life and you will become a greater conqueror.